The Philippine Botanical Gardens is a tranquil paradise for plant lovers. It boasts a diverse collection of local and exotic flora, including rare orchids and towering trees. Visitors can stroll through peaceful paths, breathe in fresh air, and appreciate the beauty of nature. It’s a must-visit destination for those seeking serenity and charm.
Whether you’re a seasoned botanist or just looking for a peaceful getaway, this garden is guaranteed to charm and calm your senses. In this blog, we’ll take you on a virtual tour of this serene oasis and show you why it deserves a spot on your travel bucket list. From its lush greenery to its stunning botanical displays, there’s something for everyone at the Philippine Botanical Gardens. Let’s dive in!
Philippine Botanical Gardens
The Botanical Gardens in the Philippines offer an oasis of greenery amid the hustle and bustle of the city. This garden spans over 1.5 hectares and boasts a wide variety of plants and flowers. This includes from ferns, orchids, and rare palms. Visitors can stroll along the winding paths. They can take in the sights and sounds of this peaceful oasis.
The garden also houses several themed areas. It includes a medicinal plant section and a butterfly garden. With its diverse collection of flora, the Botanical Gardens offer a vibrant and educational experience for visitors of all ages.
Baguio Botanical Garden
Nestled in the heart of Baguio City, Philippines lies the breathtaking Baguio Botanical Garden. It is a haven for nature enthusiasts and tourists alike. This scenic destination features a diverse array of garden landscapes, from a Japanese-inspired garden with its serene koi pond to the colorful. With its winding paths and towering trees, the garden provides a perfect respite from the hustle and bustle of city living. Visitors can take strolls or engage in more physical activities such as ziplining or rock climbing.
Address: 37 Leonard Wood Rd, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday (6 AM – 6 PM)
Baguio Botanical Garden boasts a variety of plant collections that will surely captivate any nature enthusiast. From towering pine trees to colorful blooms, this stunning 11-hectare garden showcases an array of indigenous and exotic flora. Guests can stroll along the pathways that wind through the garden. They can take in the splendor of the plant collections and enjoying the fresh mountain air.
- The Bonsai Collection: Walking through the Baguio Botanical Garden, visitors can marvel at the stunning Bonsai Collection. With delicate, miniature trees that have been carefully pruned and shaped over time. The collection showcases the intricate artistry of Bonsai cultivation.
- The Orchid Collection: One of the most beloved collections in the Baguio Botanical Garden is the Orchid Collection. This features a vast array of vibrant and exotic orchids. Visitors can admire the unique shapes and colors of the flowers. It ranges from deep purples to bright yellows and oranges.
- The Medicinal Plants Collection: For those interested in the healing properties of plants, the Medicinal Plants Collection in the Baguio Botanical Garden is a must-see. This collection includes a diverse range of plants that are used in traditional medicine. They offer various health benefits. Visitors can learn about the properties of each plant and their potential uses.
LAS PIÑAS BOTANICAL GARDEN
Nestled in the heart of Metro Manila lies a tranquil oasis that is bound to captivate the senses. This is the Las Piñas Botanical Garden, a lush expanse of over 2 hectares that houses a diverse collection of flora and fauna. From towering trees to delicate flowers. The garden is a haven for nature lovers seeking respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. The garden’s design is a testament to the city’s commitment to preserving and promoting biodiversity. It features various ecosystems that showcase the country’s rich plant life.
Address: Alabang–Zapote Rd, Las Piñas, Metro Manila
Opening Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (8 AM – 5 PM) / Monday & Wednesday (24hrs)
One of the most remarkable features of this botanical garden is its vast collection of plants from different parts of the world. The garden is home to a wide variety of plant species that range from ornamental plants to endemic species.
They are conserved by the botanical garden. The Las Piñas Botanical Garden serves as a platform for botanical education, conservation, and research. It is a perfect place to unwind, learn, and experience the beauty of nature in a serene environment.
- The Cactus and Succulent Garden: This collection at Las Piñas Botanical Garden features a diverse array of cacti. Also, succulents from different regions around the world. The garden showcases the unique and beautiful characteristics of these plants. These include their prickly spines, bright blooms, and fleshy leaves. Visitors can explore the different varieties and learn about their adaptations for survival in harsh environments.
- The Orchidarium: The Orchidarium is a must-visit collection at Las Piñas Botanical Garden for orchid enthusiasts. This collection features a variety of orchid species that showcase the unique colors, shapes, and sizes of these flowers. Visitors can also learn about the history and cultural significance of orchids, as well as their role in horticulture and conservation.
- The Medicinal Plant Garden: The Medicinal Plant Garden at Las Piñas Botanical Garden features a diverse collection of plants that have been traditionally used for medicinal purposes. Visitors can learn about the various medicinal properties of the plants and how they have been used throughout history to treat various ailments. This collection also highlights the importance of preserving and studying traditional plant knowledge for future generations.
Terrazas de Flores Botanical Garden
Terrazas de Flores Botanical Garden is a stunning oasis, nestled in the lush mountains of Antipolo City in the Philippines. This botanical garden is a must-visit destination for those looking to immerse themselves in the beauty of nature. Covering over 7.5 hectares, this garden boasts not only an impressive collection of plants.
It also have several picturesque structures, such as the garden amphitheater, chapel, and terraces. The garden’s location on a hilltop also offers breathtaking views of the metro. Terrazas de Flores Botanical Garden is a unique experience that will leave a lasting impression on any nature lover.
Address: 9VH9+JFG, Cebu Transcentral Hwy, Cebu City, Cebu
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday (8AM – 9PM)
The Terrazas de Flores botanical garden is home to a vast collection of various plants species. Plant enthusiasts and nature lovers can discover, appreciate, and learn about the beauty and diversity of plants. This botanical garden houses an impressive collection of rare and exotic plants sourced from all over the world.
They are carefully curated and maintained by knowledgeable horticulturists. Each plant is impeccably placed, creating a harmonic and aesthetically pleasing landscape that is perfect for refreshing the mind and soul.
- Orchid Collection: The Orchid Collection at Terrazas de Flores Botanical Garden showcases over 2,000 species of orchids. This makes it one of the largest collections in the world. The garden features a variety of orchids, including epiphytes, terrestrials, and lithophytes. You can marvel at the stunning colors and shapes of the orchids as you walk through the garden.
- Bromeliad Collection: The Bromeliad Collection at Terrazas de Flores Botanical Garden features over 500 species of bromeliads. This collection includes a diverse range of plants, such as pineapples, air plants, and Spanish moss. As you explore the garden, you can learn about the unique characteristics of each species and their importance in their natural habitats.
- Medicinal Plant Collection: The Medicinal Plant Collection at Terrazas de Flores Botanical Garden is home to a variety of plants that have been used for centuries to treat various ailments. The collection includes plants such as aloe vera, ginger, and turmeric. You can learn about the medicinal properties of each plant and how they have been used in traditional medicine.
RainForest Botanical Garden
Nestled in the heart of Aklan, the RainForest Botanical Garden is a paradise for nature lovers. The garden boasts not only a diverse collection of beautiful flora and fauna, but also an educational tour that teaches visitors about conservation efforts and sustainable living. From walking through the lush rainforest trails to learning about medicinal plants and the garden’s insect and bird life, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Address: HG94+53C, Batan, Aklan
Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday (10AM – 5:30PM) / Sunday (10:30AM – 4PM)
The Rainforest Botanical Garden in Aklan is home to a diverse collection of plants from different parts of the world. The garden is a beautiful and serene environment that allows visitors to explore the wonders of nature. Visitors can learn about the unique features and benefits of these collections while enjoying the peaceful and serene environment of the garden.
- Orchid Collection: The Rainforest Botanical Garden is known for its impressive orchid collection. With over 1,000 species, it is one of the largest orchid collections in the Philippines. The orchids are carefully cultivated in a variety of environments, from shade houses to open gardens. Visitors can admire the beauty of these delicate plants and learn about their different growing conditions.
- Medicinal Plant Collection: The medicinal plant collection at the Rainforest Botanical Garden is an important resource for traditional healers and modern medicine alike. The collection features plants with a wide range of medicinal properties, including those used to treat digestive disorders, respiratory problems, and skin conditions. Visitors can learn about the healing properties of these plants and their role in modern medicine.
- Philippine Native Plant Collection: The Philippine Native Plant Collection at the Rainforest Botanical Garden features plants that are indigenous to the Philippines. The collection includes rare and endangered species that are protected by law. Visitors can explore the different ecosystems found in the Philippines, from the lowland rainforests to the high altitude mountain ranges. The collection also highlights the importance of conservation efforts to protect these unique plant species.
Mundoc Botanical Garden
Mundoc Botanical Garden is a beautiful and serene oasis of greenery in the heart of Panama City. The garden boasts over 50 acres of lush vegetation, featuring an incredible variety of both native and exotic plant species. It’s a paradise for nature lovers, horticulturists, and anyone in search of a peaceful respite from the bustling city. Mundoc Botanical Garden offers a variety of educational programs and tours that allow visitors to learn about the unique flora and fauna of the region. In addition, the garden hosts numerous cultural and scientific events throughout the year.
Address: Mundoc Street, Kinnari 3, Carmona, Cavite
Opening Hours: 24hrs
The Mundoc Botanical Garden is a paradise for plant enthusiasts, housing a vast collection of plant species from around the world. Visitors can explore the garden’s different sections, each showcasing a unique collection of plants. In this article, we will highlight three of the plant collections at the Mundoc Botanical Garden using active voice.
- The Orchid Collection: The Orchid Collection at the Mundoc Botanical Garden features a diverse range of orchid species, including some rare and exotic ones. Visitors can marvel at the vibrant colors and intricate patterns of these delicate flowers, which are arranged in a visually stunning display.
- The Succulent Collection: The Succulent Collection at the Mundoc Botanical Garden is a must-see for anyone interested in desert flora. This collection includes a wide range of cacti, succulents, and other plants that have adapted to survive in arid environments. Visitors can learn about the unique characteristics of these plants, such as their ability to store water in their thick stems and leaves.
- The Tropical Fruit Collection: The Tropical Fruit Collection at the Mundoc Botanical Garden is a feast for the senses, showcasing a variety of delicious and exotic fruits from around the world. Visitors can see and taste fruits such as mangoes, papayas, pineapples, and many more. The garden’s knowledgeable staff provides information about the origin, cultivation, and uses of each fruit.
Nestled in the heart of Bohol island in the Philippines lies the serene and lush Tarsier Botanika. This botanical garden boasts a vast collection of exotic plants, including rare orchids and palms, which are sure to satisfy any plant enthusiast’s curiosity. What makes Tarsier Botanika truly unique, however, is its focus on ecological sustainability and promotion of agricultural practices that are locally sourced and organically grown. Visitors can take informative tours, indulge in farm-to-table dining experiences, or simply bask in the tranquil scenery of this eco-resort.
Address: KM 16 Hoyohoy Tawala, Panglao, 6340
Phone: (038) 510 8472
Tarsier Botanika is a paradise for plant enthusiasts, featuring a diverse collection of flora from all over the world. Here are three of the must-see plant collections at Tarsier Botanika:
- Orchid Garden – As you enter the Orchid Garden, you’ll be amazed by the stunning array of colors and shapes of orchids on display. With over 1,000 species of orchids, this collection showcases the beauty and diversity of one of the world’s most popular plants. You’ll be able to witness different types of orchids, from the delicate Phalaenopsis to the vibrant Cattleya.
- Succulent Terrace – If you’re a fan of unique and hardy plants, then the Succulent Terrace is a must-visit. This collection features a wide variety of succulents, from cacti to agaves, and many other desert-loving plants. You’ll be able to appreciate the fascinating adaptations of these plants to survive in harsh environments, with their thick stems, fleshy leaves, and waxy coatings.
- Native Forest – The Native Forest collection is a perfect example of Tarsier Botanika’s commitment to preserving the natural biodiversity of the region. The collection includes a variety of trees, shrubs, and herbs that are native to the Philippines. Visitors can appreciate the unique characteristics of these plants, including their medicinal and cultural uses. You can also learn about the importance of conserving these species for future generations.
MBG (Makiling Botanical Garden)
The Makiling Botanical Garden, also known as MBG, is a sprawling 300-hectare park that is the perfect retreat for nature lovers. Stroll through its picturesque landscapes and marvel at the diversity of flora and fauna that thrives within its boundaries. Established back in 1965, MBG has since become one of the country’s premier gardens, with over 2,000 plant species that come from different parts of the world. Visitors can discover various themed gardens, such as the Bonsai Garden, Cycad Garden, a collection of pitcher plants, and many more.
Address: College, University of the Philippines, Los Baños, 4031 Laguna
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday (8AM – 4PM)
Phone: (049) 536 2637
Makiling Botanical Garden (MBG) is a haven for nature lovers, hikers, and botanists. It is a 300-hectare natural park located at the foothills of Mount Makiling in the province of Laguna, Philippines. The garden boasts a diverse collection of plants from various ecosystems, making it a perfect destination for those who want to explore and appreciate the beauty of nature.
- Orchid Collection – MBG has an impressive collection of orchids, which includes around 300 species of orchids that are native to the Philippines. The garden also features various orchid hybrids, making it a great place to admire the beauty and diversity of orchids. The orchid collection is housed in the Orchidarium, a greenhouse that mimics the natural environment of orchids.
- Bonsai Collection – If you’re fascinated by miniature trees, you’ll love the Bonsai Collection at MBG. The collection features around 100 bonsai trees that are carefully pruned and shaped to mimic the shape and form of full-sized trees. The bonsai collection showcases the art of bonsai-making and is a testament to the patience and dedication of the garden’s caretakers.
- Rare and Endemic Plants Collection – MBG is committed to preserving and protecting rare and endemic plant species. The garden has a collection of around 200 rare and endangered plant species, including the critically endangered species like Nepenthes peltata and the rare and endemic species like Diospyros philippinensis. The collection serves as a reminder of the importance of conserving and protecting our natural resources.
La Union Botanical and Zoological Garden
The Botanical and Zoological Garden is a wonderful place to explore the beauty of nature. The garden offers a diverse collection of flora and fauna, providing visitors with the opportunity to learn more about the local plant and animal species. From the captivating orchids to the exotic birds, the garden offers a stunning array of wildlife.
Visitors are encouraged to take a leisurely stroll through the garden paths and take in the fresh air while admiring the beautiful surroundings. The garden also provides educational tours to help visitors understand more about the beauty and significance of the plants and animals found within this nature haven.
Address: H9P8+W9M, San Fernando, La Union
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday (8AM – 5PM)
Phone: (072) 888 6901
La Union Botanical and Zoological Garden boasts a wide variety of flora and fauna, making it a must-visit destination for nature enthusiasts. The garden is home to various plant collections that showcase the diversity of plant life in the region. Here are three plant collections that you can explore at the garden:
- Orchid Collection: The orchid collection at the La Union Botanical and Zoological Garden features a stunning array of orchids, including rare and exotic species. You can marvel at the delicate and intricate blooms of these fascinating plants as you stroll through the garden.
- Fern Collection: If you’re a fan of ferns, you’ll be delighted to know that the La Union Botanical and Zoological Garden has an extensive fern collection. With over 50 species of ferns on display, you can learn about the different types of ferns and their unique characteristics.
- Cactus Collection: The cactus collection at the garden is a sight to behold, showcasing a variety of cacti from all over the world. From the small and spiky to the tall and imposing, the cacti in this collection are sure to amaze you with their unique shapes and sizes.
The Philippine Botanical Gardens is an exceptional place that showcases the serenity and charm of nature. It is certainly a haven for plant enthusiasts who want to indulge in the beauty of the world’s flora. Whether it be the local plants of the Philippines or the exotic ones from other countries, this place has it all. With its well-maintained lawns, strategically placed benches, and picturesque landscapes, the garden offers visitors a sanctuary to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Walking through the garden amidst the vibrant colors of the plants can be a therapeutic experience that awakens the senses. The Philippine Botanical Gardens is a must-visit destination that will leave plant lovers breathless with its beauty and grandeur.