If you’re looking to explore the great outdoors but also want a bit of pampering while on vacation, Camiguin’s hot springs are an excellent option.
Explore the beauty and healing power of Camiguin’s Hot Springs with this guide. Discover the types of hot springs available, tips for safe and enjoyable exploration. Indulge in the activities and benefits of these natural wonders while enjoying the scenery and culture of Camiguin.
Being known as the Island Born of Fire due to its numerous volcanoes, Camiguin is home to several hot and cold springs with therapeutic, healing powers. Taking a dip in one of these natural warm pools will surely be an amazing experience you won’t forget. So sit back and enjoy this comprehensive guide to Camiguin’s hot springs!
Camiguin’s Hot Springs
Camiguin’s renowned hot springs are a must-visit for anyone in the area. Relax and soak in the natural landscape of these naturally heated pools. They range in temperature from lukewarm to hot. Not only are the perfect way to ease your body tensions, they are also said to have healing properties.
Travelers can take advantage of these unique geothermal attractions by visiting White Island. Many hot springs can be found next to an expansive beachscape. It is truly a remarkable place, with stunning views and steamy hot pools.
The Hot Springs in Camiguin
A breathtaking island tucked between Bohol and Mindanao, Camiguin is an abundant paradise. Not least of which are the world-famous hot springs. Picture steaming water encompassed in lush, tropical jungle foliage as it cascades from volcanic slopes into inviting pools below.
Ardent Hot Spring
Ardent Hot Spring is a popular secret getaway, situated in the heart of California. The warm water from this spring bubbles up from a source deep within the earth and cascades into a large, inviting pool. Surrounded by a rocky ravine filled with trees and green foliage, this serene refuge entices visitors with its calming and peaceful atmosphere.
The temperature of the water reaches 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius), making it perfect for bathing or swimming on days when sun is out. Soothing aromas hover in the air, giving this spot an unforgettable aura that further contributes to its appeal among nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Address: 6MGQ+Q6F, Esperanza, Tagdo, Bayan ng Mambajao, Camiguin
Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday, 6AM – 10PM
Phone: (088) 387 0948
The hot springs have been used as a traditional form of treatment for centuries. Not only does soaking in the mineral-rich waters help ease physical conditions. Here are some of the health benefits you can get from Ardent Hot Spring:
- Relieves Pain and Inflammation: Ardent hot springs contain high levels of minerals such as sulfur, magnesium, and calcium, which have been shown to reduce pain and inflammation. These minerals are absorbed through the skin and can help alleviate conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and chronic pain.
- Promotes Relaxation and Reduces Stress: Soaking in a hot spring is a natural way to relax and reduce stress. The warm water and minerals in Ardent hot springs can help increase blood flow, decrease muscle tension, and promote feelings of calmness and relaxation.
- Improves Skin Health: The minerals in Ardent hot springs can also improve skin health. Sulfur, in particular, has been shown to be effective in treating skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne. Soaking in the hot springs can help to cleanse and exfoliate the skin, leaving it looking and feeling healthier.
- Boosts Immune System: The minerals in Ardent hot springs have been shown to stimulate the immune system. Soaking in the hot springs can help to increase the production of white blood cells, which help to fight off infections and disease.
- Enhances Sleep Quality: Soaking in Ardent hot springs can also help improve sleep quality. The warm water and minerals can help to relax the body and mind, leading to a deeper, more restful sleep. This can be particularly beneficial for those who suffer from insomnia or other sleep disorders.
Sto. Niño Cold Spring
It boasts a stunning array of natural wonders such as forested hills and crystal-clear bodies of water. Well-known for its hot spring that eventually turns cold, the springs can be reached through various creeks snaking through the hills.
Its slopes are also dotted with huge boulders, creating an impressive landscape. At the foot of the spring stands a church dedicated to Santo Niño De Cebu, whose presence complements the environment’s striking beauty and tranquility.
Address: Sagay Town, Catarman’s National Highway, Camiguin
For more information, click here.
Sto. Niño Cold Spring is a popular tourist spot located in the municipality of Camiguin, Philippines. It is a natural spring with crystal-clear water that flows from the mountain and is surrounded by lush vegetation. Here are five health benefits of Sto. Niño Cold Spring:
- Relieves stress and anxiety: The cool, refreshing water of the Sto. Niño Cold Spring has a calming effect on the mind and body, which can help reduce stress and anxiety. Swimming or simply soaking in the water can help you feel more relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Promotes better circulation: The natural spring water of Sto. Niño Cold Spring is rich in minerals, which can help improve blood circulation. Better circulation means more oxygen and nutrients are delivered to your body’s cells, which can help improve overall health.
- Helps reduce inflammation: The minerals in the water of Sto. Niño Cold Spring, such as magnesium and sulfur, can help reduce inflammation in the body. This can be beneficial for those with joint pain, arthritis, or other inflammatory conditions.
- Boosts the immune system: The mineral-rich water of Sto. Niño Cold Spring may also help boost the immune system, thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. Regular exposure to the spring water may help strengthen the body’s natural defenses against infections and illnesses.
- Provides natural pain relief: If you have muscle pain or soreness, taking a dip in the cool water of Sto. Niño Cold Spring can provide natural pain relief. The water’s natural buoyancy can also help reduce pressure on your joints, which can be beneficial for those with arthritis or other joint conditions.
Tips for Hot Springs Exploration in Camiguin
Camiguin is a beautiful island located in the Philippines, filled with fascinating natural sights and experiences. One of the best things about Camiguin is its range of hot springs, which are perfect for exploration and relaxation. Understanding these hot spring tips can be invaluable in having a fun and safe experience while experiencing Camiguin’s thermal wonders.
What to bring
When exploring the hot springs of Camiguin, it’s important to be prepared with the proper items. Here are the lists of items that you should bring:
1. Clothing – Taking appropriate clothing for the outdoor environment is key for an enjoyable experience. Make sure you bring long-sleeved shirts, a hat, and full length pants that are easy to dry off with a towel if needed. Lighter layers will also come in handy so that you can adjust as the temperature fluctuates throughout the day.
2. Footwear – Footwear is an essential item to consider, as sturdy shoes with thick soles can prevent slips and uncomfortable or painful encounters with unpredictable rocks and slippery surfaces around the pools.
3. Toiletries – Toiletries such as soap, shampoo, and toothpaste should definitely be on your packing list, as these items become even more important when you’re out and about and don’t have access to basic amenities. Don’t forget to take along any other personal items you might need throughout the day – like sunscreen or bug spray.
4. Food and water – Food and water are essential items while on any outdoor exploration, so make sure to pack snacks, a lunch, and plenty of drinks.
Safety must be taken into account and precautions must be observed during travel as well as when enjoying the hot springs. Therefore, if you are planning an exploration of the amazing natural hot springs of Camiguin Island, it is important to know about some of the fundamental safety precautions that should be made prior to visiting.
1. Know the depth of the water – To ensure everyone’s safety there are a few more precautions to take. Wear slip-resistant shoes or sandals, these will give you better foot traction around the hot springs and help prevent falls. It’s also beneficial to bring along a floating device such as a life jacket to give everyone in your party extra support while swimming.
2. Avoid diving and jumping – Avoid activities such as diving or jumping, as these can be dangerous due to the unpredictable depths of the springs and unknown characteristics of the bottom. Avoiding any sudden actions and movements in and around the hot spring area will limit your risk of injury.
3. Follow instructions from the staff – In order to ensure safety at a hot spring it is important to review local regulations prior to visiting and adhere to all rules. Unsupervised children should always be kept away from heated pools and other boiling springs. Not only should any strong currents or waters over waist-height be approached with caution, but also exposed areas of skin.
4. Check for any warning signs or advisories – Check for any warning signs or advisories posted by the area management and take heed to those instructions. Avoid staying in for too long as the elevation in temperature could be hazardous if overexposed.
Activities To Do
Camiguin’s hot springs offer a wealth of activities to explore and enjoy. With breathtaking landscapes composed of towering volcanoes and natural limestone formations, it’s no wonder why Camiguin has been coined “The Island Born of Fire”.
Swimming is one of the favorite activities, as visitors are able to enjoy the soothing warm water while taking in amazing views of the nature that it encompasses. From nearby resorts, tourists have access to well-maintained pools filled with mineral water from volcanic vents coming from Mount Hibok-Hibok.
Those visiting the hotsprings will find plenty of accessible ground from which to spread out blankets and relax in the natural surroundings. The lush environment allows for a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of life, and provides an ideal backdrop for picnics. A variety of tables and benches can be found at most sites, making it easy to gather with friends or family to enjoy a meal.
Photography is a popular activity in this area, as the natural beauty provides stunning backdrops for any type of picture. There are many thermal waterfalls perfect for embracing nature and art with a camera. In addition to photography, visitors can partake in different water sports activities such as swimming or snorkeling in the clear refractive waters.
Not only can visitors take a dip in rivers and pools of natural thermal springs, but they can also go souvenir shopping at Souvenir de Camiguin, where there are a variety of locally made products to choose from. Souvenir de Camiguin sells items such as hand-woven basketry, jewelry and accessories, magnets, paintings, and other gifts.
Visiting Camiguin’s hot springs can be a refreshing and relaxing experience for anyone who is looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With a variety of locations located both on beaches and within secluded forests, you are guaranteed to find the perfect spot to immerse yourself in nature while you take some time out of your day just to enjoy its beauty.
If a more traditional hot spring experience is what you crave then there are plenty of resorts with man-made pools as well. Treating yourself to a rejuvenating mini vacation at one of these locations will definitely pay off in the long run.